FUMC has a long tradition of opening its doors to non-profit groups that are devoted to the spiritual, cultural, educational, and recreational growth of the community. The church desires to remain an open and hospitable resource for the congregation and for the larger community. In order to use the building, we ask that you review the policies below and submit the room rental form. In addition to the form a contribution is required for using the building, which goes toward the cost of care and upkeep of the facilities. Once your form is submitted, the church office will reach out to you to finalize your request.
If the suggested contribution poses a hardship for your organization, please notify the church office to discuss this with the Trustees.
Please contact the church office with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fairlington United Methodist Church, 3900 King Street, Alexandria VA 22302 (703-671-8557)
Fairlington United Methodist Church (FUMC) proclaims without reservation God’s unconditional love and grace, and affirms the dignity and worth of every person as created in the image of God. We commit to extend Christ’s gospel hospitality, creating a place of safety and spiritual sanctuary for all people. Therefore, this community of faith welcomes into membership, participation, and leadership all persons regardless of age, race, ethnicity, gender, family structure, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, economic background, political affiliation, physical or mental ability, faith history, or life experience. We recognize among us differences in theology and biblical interpretation, and covenant to accept, respect, and love one another along our faith journeys. As God loves us, so let us love one another.
Sharing Our Building FUMC has a long tradition of opening its doors to non-profit groups that are devoted to the spiritual, cultural, educational, and recreational growth of the community. The church desires to remain an open and hospitable resource for the congregation and for the larger community. To achieve this goal, active management of building use is required to respond to the growing cost of custodial services. Users of the building must share responsibility and costs for the care and upkeep of the facilities. Similarly, church members who wish to use the facilities for personal or social functions will be asked to provide the same contributions. These contributions are listed in the table on the second/signature page of these guidelines. Should the suggested contribution pose a hardship for your organization, please notify the church office to discuss this with a member of the Trustees.
General Rules Governing Room Use The following guidelines are applicable to use throughout the church building and outside property. Additional guidelines and security deposits may occur for the specific use of the Fellowship Hall and Kitchen. Please review and agree to those guidelines if seeking use of either of these rooms.
- Permission to use church space is room specific. Groups may not use another room even if it seems available atthe time of their use.
- All FUMC organizations have priority for the use of the facilities. Applications thereafter from other eligible groupswill be granted in order of their receipt. The church reserves the right to cancel commitments at our discretion with a minimum of two weeks notice.
- Commercial, “for profit” activities are not permitted. Non-profit organizations planning fund-raising activities mustget prior approval by making their intent clear in the application, and describing the purpose of the raised funds.
- Additional prohibited items or activities include: •Alcoholic beverages•Smoking and other tobacco products•Use of lit candles or any open flame•Food and beverages inside the Chapel and Sanctuary (except for holy sacraments)•Partisan political activities
- In compliance with the FUMC Child Protection Policy, all groups must provide at least two childcare providers for any children cared for on church property. All children under 18 years of age meeting in the church must beproperly supervised by adults. No adult shall meet with a person under the age of 18 without another adult present.Please ask for childcare provider recommendations if desired.
- All groups are responsible for leaving the facilities in the same condition in which they were found.Groups are responsible for any damage or breakage.•Place all trash in appropriate bins located in each room and throughout the church•Place all recyclables in the marked bins of each room, or the blue bins throughout the church
- The church may be closed on certain holidays or due to inclement weather. The church follows the schedule ofAlexandria City Public Schools for closings and delays due to weather. Church status can be found on our websitewww.fairlingtonumc.org, or on our Facebook page. If your event is cancelled, please contact the church office to reschedule or reimbursement
This form may capture sensitive data (credit cards, bank accounts…), yet this site isn’t sufficiently secured.
Please contact the site administrator to resolve this issue. He must enable SSL.
This form failed to load. Try reloading this page.
The server may be having issues, or this website’s administrator may have deleted the form.