It starts with a meal. Help us come together to package nearly 20,000 highly nutritious, dehydrated meals using an assembly line process to ship to hungry kids and individuals around the world. It seem like packing simple bags of rice and soy, but Rise Against Hunger meals represent the hopes and dreams of people worldwide. This is your opportunity to be part of ending hunger for those in need! We are hoping to have 50+ volunteers to pack meals come together for this spectacular mission opportunity.
Join your Fairlington family in the Fellowship Hall on Sunday, October 2 from 12:30 - 2 PM to package the meals. We need 50+ volunteers to pack meals for this event, including a few people for set up and take down. Please note that this is a real working activity so all volunteers for this event should plan to wear “casual” clothes and a hat, scarf, or other head covering. A light lunch will be served for all volunteers. Families with children are encouraged to sign up together, tasks are available for everyone aged 5+.
- Set-up in the Fellowship Hall on October 2 at 10 AM (8-10 people).
- Package meals from 12:30 - 2:00 PM (50+ people).
- Help clean up after event is over (8-10 people).
Help us meet the goal of raising $10,000 to cover the costs of packaging and shipping the meals we pack to those in need. To help us reach out pledged amount you are invited to give a gift online or by check with "Rise Against Hunger" in the memo line.
When giving online, select "other" and type in "Rise Against Hunger" in the "Note" section.
Want to learn more about Rise Against Hunger?
Check out the organizations website below to learn more about the amazing work Rise Against Hunger is doing around the world.
- Can kids volunteer? Yes. Families and children are encouraged to sign-up. Volunteers must be five years of age.
- Do I have to volunteer the whole time? No. Come as you are able. Volunteers are needed for set-up, packing, and clean up. Sign up here for the time you are able to participate.
- I can't be there in-person, how can I help? We have pledged $10,000 to cover the cost of packaging and shipping the food packaged to those in need. Donate online today to help us reach our goal!
- Have more questions? Contact Lana Hurdle (email@example.com) or Mark Elder (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.